Digital Media Supervisor
Sterling-Rice Group (SRG) is not your typical ad agency. In 2011, we ranked #3 out of 50 companies in Outside Magazine's famed "Best Places to Work" list and have remained on their list for three consecutive years. We were named one of the best small agencies of 2011 by Advertising Age. Our fun culture, love of "living well," enviable Boulder location, passion for great work, and giving back to our community make SRG a great place to be every day.
We are a 120-person integrated marketing firm. From developing international websites and advertising campaigns to crafting digital strategies for emerging media, Sterling-Rice Group is uniquely skilled at growing brand equity in both the physical and virtual worlds. Join our unique culture, which fuses strategy, innovation, and creativity.
The Digital Media Supervisor is responsible for developing, implementing, tracking, and optimizing online strategies and initiatives for a variety of clients.
· Responsible for managing a planning team—developing their skills, evaluating their performance, and managing their growth. Serve as a resource for planners, search specialists, and assistants for advice, counsel, and mentorship
· Integrates digital media with offline advertising and marketing programs into strategic recommendations
· Develops buying strategies for maximizing media dollars, and handles media RFPs and negotiations
· Creates and manages media flowcharts, client media authorizations, billing, and all media vendor contracts
· Utilizes research to develop target audiences and media recommendations; analyzes at a sophisticated level (@Plan, ComScore, Google AdPlanner, Google Analytics)
· Consults and provides POV guidance across variety of social and digital media opportunities, including ways in which they can be connected with paid media opportunities
· Works closely with creative and production teams to sure efficiencies with campaign planning (aligning creative vision and assets with media plan) as well as campaign execution (timeliness of all asset delivery and ensuring full functionality of all deliverables)
· Seeks out emerging media opportunities to most effectively use creative and digital media dollars to the greatest benefit for our clients
· Recommends online media budgets, supervises and executes media billing, manages reconciliation and all budget reporting as requested
· Works closely with media director, account team and client throughout online campaigns to monitor, report, and optimize performance, resolving any performance issues
· Understands various tracking services and can build campaigns, traffic and track them for detailed reporting purposes
· Takes part in larger areas of agency development—aiding with new business pitches, committees, and task forces
· Serves as SRG ambassador and demonstrates grace in challenging internal and external scenarios
5–7 years of online media planning and buying experience. Good writing and presentation skills, strong negotiation skills, detail-oriented with strong attention to follow-through
- Experience using DoubleClick, Pointroll, or MediaMind ad-serving technologies
- Experience with online research tools, including Nielsen, @Plan, AdRelevance, ComScore, Google Analytics, etc.
- Familiarity with offline media concepts
- Working knowledge of basic “media math” and negotiation tools, including but not limited to CPM/CPA/CPC modeling, ROI forecasting, cost negotiation, and budgeting
- Experience in online marketing and current knowledge of trends and innovations in traditional and digital media
- Strong personal examples of attention to detail and analytical thinking skills
- Proven leadership skills and management experience
- Expresses oneself clearly and concisely in oral communications
- Writes in a clear and concise manner and organizes ideas logically and sequentially
- Advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
In return for your talents, we offer you a team of smart and creative professionals in an environment where people are encouraged to both work hard and have fun. We’re also located in Boulder, Colorado, one of the best places to live in the United States. Top that off with outstanding benefits and a competitive salary, and you’ll find we are a company that’s hard to beat. For more information, check our website at www.srg.com.